Members of three years or more can apply for financial assistance for a conference, a project, professional development or research. Decided at the first and final Executive meetings each year, the awards may apply to the current or following year's professional activity. For 2016, applications must reach the Secretary by 8 February for the February meeting and 3 October for the November meeting. Amounts awarded will depend on the funds available.
Rules and Criteria for NZALT Professional Development Award
1. Applicants for a Professional Development Award must have been members of NZALT for at least 3 years at the date of application. Life members are not eligible for an award.
2. Application for an award must be made in writing to the Secretary of NZALT. Application forms are available from the link provided above.
3. Applications for an award must state:
- Name and address
- Length of membership of NZALT
- Current position and designation
- Description of conference, seminar, congress or course of study
- Reason for applying for funds
- Amount requested
- Proposed ways of sharing benefits to colleagues and students.
4. Members receiving an award must supply NZALT Executive with a written report suitable for publishing in the NZALT newsletter Polyglot. This report should be received within three months of receiving notification of receiving the PD Award, or within two months of the end of the conference, seminar etc.
5. Applicants are required to disclose any other sources of funding for which they have applied or intend to apply.
6. The award may be granted for professional development within or beyond New Zealand.
7. Applications for the award in relation to the NZALT Conference will not be considered.
8. The amount of funds allocated will be decided by the Executive and will depend on:
- the amount of funds available
- the number of applications received
- the nature of the professional development sought.
9. Disbursement of the award will be made in two parts. One half will be paid immediately, the balance on receipt of a suitable report.
Applications for 2016 by 8 February for the February meeting and 3 October for the November meeting.
Applications should be sent by email to the secretary.